KTM RC 200 is a beginner’s Ninja H2 for sure. A rider who safely wishes to upgrade from a 150 cc motorcycle (CBR150R or R15 most probably) in India has no better option than this 199.5 cc KTM super sport machine. The single cylinder motor is good for 24.65 BHP at 10,000 rpm and 19.2 Nm of torque at 8,000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
KTM RC 200 Pros
1) The engine performs excellently well when compared to any other 200cc motorcycle in the market.
2) It weighs just 154 kg and brings in a 9.30 second 0-100 kmph sprint. This makes it the fastest fully-faired motorcycle in its segment.
3) The handling factor of the KTM RC 200 makes it India’s most affordable yet highly precised motorcycle. It uses premium parts like USD forks and projector headlamps.
4) The design is aerodynamically very effective and saves the rider from strong winds at high speeds with its elongated front visor.
5) The added Orange essence to the motorcycle through its exposed frame and wheels makes it highly attractive in terms of looks & style.
6) The instrument console is a single all-digital display with loads of features into it. It can help the rider understand the machine in a better way.
KTM RC 200 Cons
1) KTM RC 200 has an extremely sporty riding position. For those with back problem, it can be uncomfortable riding this bike.
2) The mileage of KTM RC 200 is quite different from other 200 cc motorcycles in India. The low value (30-35 kmpl) is due to its high performance quotient.
3) Absence of ABS makes it feel under equipped when compared to many bikes in the segment. It even becomes unsafe for beginners on wet roads and daily driving conditions.
4) The fuel tank of the motorcycle holds just 9.5 liters of fuel, making it good for nothing more than 290-330 km on total.
Deciding whether KTM RC 200 is to be bought or not depends more on the need of a rider in real life. If you are always within fuel station limits, do not worry about fuel prices, ride KTM RC 200 as a second option or love track racing, it can be the best option on the most effective price tag. If you love weekend trips and ride the motorcycle daily for more kilometers than usual, it won’t suit your lifestyle.